About the Role
To manage financial accounting operations and ensure accurate and timely execution of key accounting processes and procedures, and compliance with relevant international accounting standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts, preparing a trial balance, and reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Assist with all operations related to monthly closing
- Manage expense reimbursements to staff members and other business-related expenses, ensuring adherence to Elite’s policy guidelines
- Manage payments for suppliers and secure approval to ensure that payments are delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage requisite operations to ensure accurate and timely entry of payments of invoices and expenses to ensure appropriate booking of costs.
- Maintain precise records of all incoming payments
- Prepare and send invoices/SOAs to clients
- Contact clients as needed to ensure payment of outstanding invoices
- Reconcile any irregularities in receipts
- Audit all receipts on a determined schedule to ensure accuracy in accounting
- Actively investigate and resolve irregularities in both incoming and outgoing payments
- Prepare monthly Accounts Receivable report (debt aging, credit term, credit limit, etc) and provide analysis to assist A/R management.
- Ensure accurate financial reporting by analyzing data and generating reports on transactions to ensure that executive management has accurate information and ensure compliance with accounting practices and regulatory guidelines.
- Manage financial reporting, ensuring that management have accurate information that reflect Elite’s current financials.
- Oversee preparation of requisite reports (weekly/monthly/ad-hoc) and ensure timely submission to facilitate decision-making.
- Manage income and expenses analysis, reconcile accounts, and file regulatory reports as per established guidelines.
- Manage daily accounting transactions to ensure that work processes are implemented as designed and comply with established policies and procedures.
- Manage the preparation of timely and accurate reports to meet company and departmental requirements, policies, and standards.
- Assist with the Department’s annual budget, and provide input into Divisional budget planning, monitor departmental performance and control costs to ensure that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly.
- Support the development of a risk culture and promotion of sound risk practices to reduce the likelihood of financial and operational risks.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
Education and Certification
Bachelors’ degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant degree is required
Recognized professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACA, CPA, CMA, CA) is preferred.
Certification in IFRS/ IAS from any accredited institute is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Accounting principles, practices, and standards
Accounting software preferably QuickBooks
Laws and regulations
A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience with at least 3 years in a similar role, preferably in the logistics field.
About the Company
We aim to be one of the most innovative and trusted supply chain partners. Our mission at Elite Co. is simple: to provide high-quality services for our valued clients. Our team goes above and beyond to cater to each project’s specific needs.
We have a distinct culture and teams of passionate individuals wanting to create something better for our clients, our colleagues, and the community we operate in. Our daily decisions are anchored by our core values: Trust, Customer Centricity, Innovation, Action-Bias, and Excellence.
Elite Co is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, that individual talent has unique abilities, and we value our differences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, origin, disability or other characteristics protected by the applicable law.